Mid-December….is it flying or dragging for you? Hard to believe it’s two weeks until we change years. I’m looking forward to it!
Here are a few of the things I’ve been grateful for lately….
- Sharing holiday traditions with DH like our annual visit to the Capitol Tree and Botanic Gardens
- A drive to check out a possible dining set got me views of lovely holiday lights I wouldn’t otherwise have seen
- Getting a postcard from a dear friend, sent from her vacation far away
- Clean sheets
- A lovely holiday card from a friend who always finds the coolest things – the card, which comes apart in segments, had a photo of her (growing-like-a-weed) daughter in kimono on a trip to Tokyo, a detachable gift tag, and detachable message from them
- Caffeinated tea
- Deena‘s running the Trials! And ran a terrific performance in the Duo to Rio over the weekend – she and Abdi were the winning team. Her post-race interview is great, she looks so happy and excited. (Thanks to Coach Andrew for sharing their holiday card – another picture is in the background of his twitter page – I’m thinking Piper Bloom is taking after her Dad in height, only 4-ish and so tall next to 5’4″ Deena! But with Mom’s blue eyes.)
- Lucy Fry‘s book Run, Ride, Sink, or Swim! – funny but also thougthful…felt like some of her thoughts and issues were being pulled from inside my head. Hope she writes a sequel.
- A decent outside run on Sunday after a decent long run on Saturday
- The gluten-free gingerbread cake recipe I tried came out well enough, and I took most of it to work
- DH had a good race, and got home safely and uninjured
- Veggie sushi
- Nights when I get decent sleep
- My chiro
- Small businesses with great customer service
- My boss
- Books by or about people doing endurance sports/expeditions – so much inspiration to be found
What are you grateful for lately?