Late in posting due to work, travel prep, etc….but know there’s been a lot I’ve been thankful for since my last post!
- Being smart in choosing my taper workouts
- Hearing 1 or 2 brand new-to-me bird songs Saturday morning while waiting to start my run – what a delight!
- The song Unstoppable, created for Boston by Devin Ferreira – which now starts my race playlist (avail in itunes)
- Caff gum
- The help and support of DH
- Reminder via Lauren Bailey of choosing joy – legs worked, lungs pumped.
- My sis had a bunch of tests that came back negative, yay!
- Colleague who was trying to get guardianship of a troubled teen is now on her way to pick up said teen from another state (situation got worse)….thankful for people like my colleague, and that the teen will now have someone on her side to help her
- Helpful mind/life books
- Your support, my blog readers and tweeps! Send good vibes for a strong, speedy, happy race my way Monday!
- I have been given the gifts to be able to do the work to earn the privilege of standing on the start line of the Boston Marathon for the second time
- I am healthy and trained – I’m going to do my best on the day, grateful for the opportunity
- Inspiring people who will be running Boston – like John Young, Adrianne Haslet-Davis, Dan Berlin, and so many more I will never know about. Every person running Boston has their story of why they are there, and what it took to get there, and do so in the context of the rest of their lives. Kind of like the people who ran the Olympic Trials marathon. I wish I could know each story – I salute you all!
What are you thankful for this week?