The last Thankful Thursday of March….and the last day of March. Tomorrow starts Marathon Month!
A view into my life, via some of the many things I’ve been thankful for lately….
- Starting a fresh pair of running shoes
- Getting that last long long run done
- Catching myself before I fell while out on a run – took 5 or 6 flailing steps and attempts (no, there’s no video) – those moments, yikes
- An outside recovery run
- XT Monday, reading magazines with my caffeinated tea on the bike
- Walks before or after dinner
- Forsythia glowing yellow, backlit by the setting sun
- A flock of birds darting around the yard, singing, when I get home from work
- The first bird in the morning, singing on its own to welcome the day until others join
- I can walk and run, talk, read, hear, smell, swallow, breathe – amazing gifts, not given to all or sometimes taken from people
- Inspiring people (who happen to be runners) – an article in Trail Runner magazine’s special April issue Inside Dirt re-introduces me to Shannon Farar-Griefer (ultrarunner, creator of Moeben arm sleeves) and introduces me to Kendell Kelton…both women, decades separated in age and life situations, are dealing with their MS in part through running. Reminded me of athletes recently featured in our local RunWashington
Heather Jeff, a runner with MS, finds it helps with her condition and created a documentary with her doctor & fellow athletes called “Living, with MS”.
Jeff quickly went from 5k to the marathon, though she admits she did that a little too quickly. She has finished six marathons and continually reaps the benefits that running has to offer not just generally, but in managing the symptoms of her MS….The women, Urban, Morse and Jeff, showcase how running and athletics has helped each of them combat their diagnoses, both physically and mentally.
Oiselle‘s Volee team includes sponsors and supports 3 runners with MS including Jeff. This post includes link to trailer for her film and to the other two women’s posts. (if anyone knows if the film is available for download/purchase, let me know) Go Oiselle – and thanks Sally!
- Timely quotes – read this in my BelieveIAm journal after my Saturday long run….
“Erase from your mind that your preparation must be perfect. Hard work + dedication = a shot at your dreams. Keep believing.” Kara Goucher
What have you been thankful for this week?