Less than 100 days to Boston and less than a month to the Olympic Marathon Trials!
I’m loving watching the energy around both these races pick up online, especially hearing from my favorite elites.
A few of the many things I’ve been thankful for lately…..
- A truly terrific running Saturday where I pushed my boundaries and comfort zones, physically and mentally, and my risks and experiments all went well! I learned so much and am so lucky.
- A beautiful New Year’s card, handmade by my brilliant and talented friend David with the able assistance of his “fair and industrious” wife Trudy – he’s the artist, she helps with assembly. The scenes are of their recent European travels – his travelogue emails with photos/art have made my Thursday lists before!
- Having my triathlete friend at work to bounce training ideas off of
- Reading back issues of Marathon & Beyond (miss them) that I got to fill my remaining issues when they shut down – each issue is like a little book, such interesting stories. Tempted to buy more!
- My dear friend in Seattle…you know who you are
- Having a running store walking distance from work – a lunchtime jaunt on a cold, sunny Monday gets me a chat with an employee who’s a marathoner as well. Really enjoy talking to her whenever I see her.
- A warm, cozy bed in the brief cold snap – and that it’s colder in the treadmill room for my runs!
- Caffeinated gum, a recent and happy experiment
- Our old landlord getting in touch to say they have received race-related mail for me (maybe the replacement Baystate medal?). So nice of them, they could have just pitched it.
- Kabocha….you may have seen this photo – a crate of kabocha, plus how many I roast at a time, and a post-long-run size serving
Now you can see my most recent purchase size – by the 35 pound case!
- My runs, and loving the new workouts I’ve found and am trying
- A sherbet pastel sunset sky
- An upcoming three-day weekend
What have you been thankful for lately?