The Thankful Thursday of race week is here! I’m very thankful for…..
- DH and his unflinching, unwavering support, especially in the face of issues popping up at bad times, my peaking (tapering) madness, life stuff….I’m so lucky
- My sister
- My dear friend who – despite traveling a LOT on short notice for work recently – keeps in touch and is a source of encouragement and support, believing in me
- My triathlete work colleague, who’s helped me analyze every workout lately, plan/replan, assess sleep and GI issues, and dither endlessly….and she even seems to enjoy it
- My chiro, who knows just what body parts to fix and just how to help me get my head on straight
- You all!
In unpacking old bags, gathering items to pack, sorting, etc., I found the list I’d made last year (the night before Baystate, in the hotel) of all of you out there – family, friends, tweeps, and blog readers – who’d wished me well and said you’d be thinking of me and sending good vibes for my race. The list had more names than the race had miles, and it’d probably be even longer now. It warmed my heart and supported me then, and it does now. Thank you.
From the Chicago Marathon
- Deena – WOW – 2:27:44! I SO hope she gets the “fire” and goes for OTQ.
- Joanie – such a class act and smart – sometimes you just don’t take the risk, despite the desire
- Luke Puskedra (and kudos to his wife) for not giving up on his dream – top American, OTQ and 5th in Chicago!
- Sarah Crouch, running not only to OTQ but in memory of Cameron Bean – she wound up running with a friend of his, coming in 3rd American though she didn’t PR or break 2:30 as she’d wanted, and she’s going to keep trying
- Caroline Boller, for knowing when to pull the plug (she DNF’d) and having the guts to do it, analyze it, and look to improve – and share it with us
- Jami Marseilles, the first female double amputee to complete a marathon – and she BQ’d!!
- Everyone at Chicago who gave it their all on a warm, windy day, whatever the outcome
- Ollie Ball, age 6 – a real running hero
What are you thankful for this week? Who or what is inspiring you?