Inside 4 weeks to my race…if you’re training for a fall race, I hope it’s going well! If you’re tapering, you might want to review this.
Lately i’ve been thankful for:
- Official notification that I am IN for Boston 2016, my 2nd Boston Marathon!
- Finding new running mags like Ultra (UK) – from a quick look, sort of similar to Like the Wind and Meter, with a bit of UltraRunning thrown in.
- When the universe keeps sending me messages, often multiples on the same day – ok, I’ll take a hint
- Watching the 5th Avenue Mile
- My friend who got the go-ahead to run while working to get her pain diagnosed and addressed has done several short runs, and her delight in running again gladdens my heart
- The ability to order almost anything online
- My triathlete friend at work had a good race, despite challenging conditions and last minute race changes from the race organization. This finishes a year of comeback from injuries for her, and she can now go into her offseason on a high note.
- Getting really positive feedback on my editing from a coworker
- My top-level boss stopping by and saying nice things to me
- My tweeps, supporting me on challenging days
- The new anti-blister/anti-chafe cream I’ve been using seems to be helping
- Positive vibes via multiple emails
- A friend’s email travelogues of his trip to Italy with his wife – he’s a good writer, they’re such nice people, and the photos are lovely
- Porch reading
- The ability to do laundry at 6am (the ability to do laundry at all! and a dishwasher)
A note….the internet sometimes makes the world a smaller and allows us to connect in different ways. I was affected this week by reading about the deaths of people I’d never met. Their friends and family, and the world, lost their love, laughter, promise, inspiration and contributions to accidents and cancer. Jake Brewer, Cameron Bean, Sarah Sumpter….their short lives remind me yet again that every day is precious and we owe it to ourselves and the world to live our lives to our fullest potential, as best we can.
Carpe diem, seek and spread joy, follow your passions, be good to each other.