How can it already be the first Thankful Thursday of August? It’s been a busy summer.
Here are some of the things I’ve been thankful for lately:
- Portland! It was great, I loved it and I want to go back.
- The ocean steps from my door at the wonderful place I stayed.
- Spending time with my sister, in a place she knows and enjoys and gets to share with me (and seeing my BIL also, he’s a good guy).
- Running Beach to Beacon! Great race, great organization, great place and people. (watermelon at the finish, so good)
- Finding new “I want to do that again” races and “go there again” places.
- Finding wonderful food – safely gluten free! – and seriously indulging.
- Meeting so many neat Mainers and getting a bit of a feel for why people love it there – my host was only one example.
- Beautiful sunrises, and being able to see them
- The neighbors’ bird feeder – I get to see and hear lots of birds without the birdseed shells and other related messes.
- A few “less hot” evenings for walks with DH or sitting on the porch.
What are you thankful for this week?