Good morning Thursday!
A brief list of some things I’ve been thankful/grateful for lately….
- A few decent nights’ sleep before my regular “wake up often” pattern returned
- Making myself do core workouts when I didn’t feel like it
- Trying to meditate a few mornings
- Getting in a pool run – tethered to the wall! – that gave me a chance for some no-impact high intensity intervals and form work…and the flexibility of telework to do it mid-day on a Friday
- That I am able to try a couple of different shoes at least from a size perspective – thanks Asics men’s 8.5 4E
- Chocolate Arctic Zero with PB2 – yum!
- Twice (at least) in the last week I had talked myself completely out of running, dawdled and really wasn’t going to do it – and somehow made myself do it anyway. The mental/willpower effort probably was harder than the run, given they were both recovery runs, but they were little accomplishments of their own nonetheless.
- I remembered how to do Whartons – and did them once
- The smell of fresh basil
- The quick pleasure of potting basil and vinca flowers DH brought home – now I can see them from the kitchen and porch and watch them grow
- My sister, her amazing ability to understand and verbalize how I’m feeling and why, and her unfailing support
- Cauliflower “rice” with a pesto I can eat (no garlic or lemon) but didn’t have to make (thanks to Whole Foods & DH)
- Birds in the backyard
- The return of kabocha
- Chiro wisdom, along with insights and ideas from a triathlete colleague
- Reminders to look for the good and seek joy, sharing and spreading both as I can
What are you thankful for?