The first thankful Thursday of July….I’m looking for July to be the month to send 2015 in the right direction, so let’s go!
- Unexpected beauty and kindness – Coming home from work Monday to find that my uncle, my Dad’s youngest brother, sent me a lovely bouquet of flowers as a belated birthday gift. (and they’re sort of Boston colors) He usually sends a card but we haven’t done gifts before – perhaps it’s because this was my first birthday (and Father’s Day) since Dad died. I know my uncle misses him quite a bit. He’s the only one left of his birth family now.
- DH is slowly recovering from his scary bout with pneumonia. I’m grateful for modern medicine, our ability to get access to it, jobs that allow for time off (and have health insurance), and everyone’s support.
- A return to some routines after a couple weeks of chaos – momentarily will be supplanted by pre-move, move and post-move chaos, but all that’s only temporary
- Having found a book series I like. I’m into the 3rd of 3 now, trying to make it last. (the author is Ingrid Thoft, the main character is a PI from a very dysfunctonal family of attorneys, I really like the character AND it’s set in Boston)
- Ostrich, fries and BBQ sauce
- Peanut sauce – because it goes so well on so many things, chicken, veggies, noodles, garden rolls
- Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries on sale
- Fake noodles and rice with pretty much no calories, topped with whatever
- Arctic Zero and PB2
- Days off work
- Inspiring women everywhere – last weekend’s track and field, World Cup soccer and of course Gunhild Swanson and Western States! Waiting to see which of my podcasts Gunhild is on first.
- Finding out when I can register for Boston! (11 weeks from yesterday) Less than 42 weeks to Boston, less than 16 to Baystate and 4 weeks to Beach to Beacon! I’m really looking forward to my first trip to Maine and researching places I can eat, finding more than I have time or tummy for!
What are you thankful for this week?