The last Thankful Thursday of July….
As you read this, I’m heading to Maine for the Beach to Beacon 10k…..I’m excited and looking forward to the race and the weekend and the bonus of getting to see my sister and brother-in-law! Think speedy and strong thoughts toward me Saturday morning 8AM ET.
Here’s a short sampling of things I have been thankful for lately, in no particular order:
- Nectarines and peaches
- BBQ sauce and pickles on my turkey breakfast sandwich
- Getting a haircut last week – needed it AND it’s a pre-race thing
- Making a new race playlist
- Support from DH and dear friends
- Seeing my chiro and massage therapist after a two-week break, makes me even more appreciative of my usual weekly visits
- That our new landlord is not only responsive, he’s a cool guy, good to talk to, and doing everything he can to make the place work for us
- Getting one more pair of shoes (Cumulus) to try post-race, suggested by the elite marathoner Blake Russell via twitter. (How cool is that!) They’re very much like the Nimbus but just slightly different – she thought they might be worth a try with my blisters and need for orthotics (she wears one too, and loves the Nimbus but wears the Cumulus sometimes). I’m still loving the Nimbus and trying to make it work.
- Amazon Prime – they must really love me too, given how much business I’ve been giving them
- New insoles to try – and more I’m considering ordering…the shoe/insole quest continues
- Porch time in the new place
- Salt and vinegar PopChips
- Returning to routine, at least a little….you all know how important that is to me.
- People who inspire me
- Good things happening in friends’ lives
- Putting together my Baystate training plan – it’s a little scary-ambitious, but you have to set ambitious goals to improve, right? Even if I don’t get there in one cycle, I’ll make progress, learn and get better than if I don’t go for it!
What have you been thankful for lately?