The first Thankful Thursday of May…..May flowers here, hope there are some where you are.
If you’re feeling especially thankful (or especially down), consider – if you can – helping someone who is in need or distress. Whether you send good vibes in a form that works for you, take an action big or small or otherwise give of your time or experience, help an individual you see (or don’t) or donate to a campaign, to a fund, to assistance for an event like a natural disaster, or to a cause – it’d be appreciated. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” (Aesop)
I’m thankful for….
- BBQ sauce and baked fries
- the best strawberries yet
- a new find at the library – a mystery set in the book publishing world in London
- getting the next books in some favorite series
- finding more running books, old and new – yes, I’m still nervous about running out, so write, folks!
- an abundance of running magazines, paper and electronic (perhaps someday I will feel caught up, but not soon)
- the weather at Boston being what it was rather than the warmth of this past Monday (or the weather the Pittsburgh and Lincoln marathoners had)
- my new contact lens prescription….and new readers, even more needed now
- the ability to call a service provider to come get the a/c back in line
- having someone say nice things about my efforts in a meeting at work
- running again! regardless of miles, pace… and thus listening to podcasts while running…when you start getting that “my world is getting a bit back to normal” feeling at least in regards to running, or perhaps it’s that “whew, I sort of still remember how to do this, though it’s not pretty right now”
- being back on a training plan
- technology like Periscopeco – fun to watch Tish and David Willey‘s chats for Runner’s World this past week (think I missed a Bart)
- being inspired by people I find online facing great challenges daily with amazing attitudes
- that people are creating things like Happy Cafes
What are you thankful for this week?