The last Thankful Thursday of May – how time flies! As Gretchen Rubin wrote, “the days are long, but the years are short.”
Especially thankful this week for:
- The patience of DH
- Coworkers & friends who listen to me, understand me and help me feel better
- That I’ll have had 5 years in this house I love, the first place that has felt like my home since leaving my parents….this will always be the place where I trained for my first BQs and my first Boston Marathon and dear to my heart
- Being able to find a new place that seems like it can work and has its own pluses (as most things do), though the price may cause us to make some new choices – still so very lucky
- The opportunity to “leave behind” in the move things that don’t serve me – whether donating tangible items, changing habits or thought patterns or starting something new. A move is by nature disruptive, which can create the space to view and think about parts of my life with fresh eyes. A new place is a clean-ish start is a huge challenge for someone like me who lives by, loves and NEEDS routine and repetition, schedule, structure and plan – but it’s a also a chance to make changes for the better.
- That we might – everybody cross fingers & toes – be able to move a few days before Beach to Beacon, so I can still go
- Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, watermelon
- Single-serving bags of baked chips delivered straight to my door
- Running an errand, a side trip to CostPlus gives me some amusement and brings back fun memories – and with my iPhone, I didn’t buy anything!
First video on the blog, of the spinner spinning! (aided by me blowing on it….)
On Wednesday, saw a rainbow on leaving Costco! Rare to be able to see all the way to the violet side.
What’s been making you thankful lately?