It’s Thursday already?! (or “It’s finally Thursday”, depending on when you talk to me) Here are a few of the things I’m thankful for this week….
- It’s starting to be strawberry season at Whole Foods – organic, on sale, and so ripe you only have a day or two to eat them….I can gorge myself on summer berries. We’ve also enjoyed some really good mango.
- All the amazing Boston Marathon weekend events on top of the race, things to do, people to see – and I’m sure many cool things haven’t even been announced yet! I “get” now how people get so caught up they forget to rest, so much good stuff you don’t want to miss out. I’m working to find a good balance as I make my timeline and many lists.
- All the podcasts with Meb, Deena and Dave McGillivray giving me inspiration as the race approaches
- The opportunity to see Joan Benoit Samuelson and Bill Rodgers speak at the Cherry Blossom expo
- Well-timed reminders to be grateful for every step, to enjoy the experience, to keep in mind how far I’ve come and how lucky I am even as I set new goals, and to remember what success in running and in life means to me – every day, giving my best and getting the best out of myself while living joyfully and being of service
- All the lovely flowers and trees right now (allergies notwithstanding) – this last week, it’s like someone waved a magic wand and said “bloom!”
- Bird song in the evening and a little extra porch time with the later light
- Guy who works at the local running store – he’s a sprinter and track coach, but we’ve talked before – remembers me on sight and recalls that my first Boston is approaching, chats with me about it and wishes me well, high-fiving me when I leave with my Gu and Competitor mag
- Zoodles – zucchini noodles, which have shown up at Whole Foods (yes, lazy, I know)…they also have pre-riced raw cauliflower I might try
- Being able to follow my bud Felicia day by day at Marathon des Sables
- Meb’s book, which I devoured for any tips that will help me in the race – already re-reading it and thinking what I can improve in my next training cycle (which I’ve already been planning and plotting) and for him making himself available for tweet chats (he answered questions!) and for his encouragement of all runners, regardless of their ability or experience level
- Friends who think of me even when they’re going through some really tough times (looking at you, K!)
- My sis, who thinks of me while she’s on vacation – hope it’s a wonderful and relaxing time
- My chiro, who is so excited for me to run Boston he may explode before race day
- DH, always, for putting up with everything
- You, my blog readers and tweeps, for your support
What’s on your Thankful Thursday list?