New month, new Thursday, new thankful list!
- Telework – that I can do it at all, and especially being able to do it 2x/wk regularly and on snow days
- Speaking of snow days…weather forecasting. I may not like the weather sometimes but imagine if all weather was a surprise – no forewarning, no chance to stock up on supplies or change plans, get to safety or even dress appropriately. And in only a couple more days, I can start the weather stalking for Boston as the forecast will go out that far! Pretty amazing when you think about it.
- The return of oven-roasted kabocha (and that the first ones I cooked were really good)
- People with a sense of humor…..I realized I’d forgotten an upcoming deadline at work and immediately got not only an offer of help from one of the people I “owed” something to, but also this…
- People who have the guts to bare their souls and share their challenges, problems, illnesses, losses, pain, fear in an effort to help others… Wednesday’s example – Dimity of the Another Mother Runner duo with this, as their book is released
- Posts that make me think and call on me to do better, like this most recent from the ever-impressive Felicia
- Posts that make me laugh, inspire me and touch my heart, like my friend Tai Fung‘s awesome JFK50 Race Report – worth the time to read (now I’m REALLY scared to run the race, but so happy for him)
- Trigger point balls, grid rollers, sticks, therabands, stretch ropes and all the tools to help me keep running and feeling a little bit less like my muscles and tendons are old stretched-out chewing gum…for a few minutes anyway, if I use the tools at least daily
- Podcasts, e-books and books – though I may “complain” that I’m overwhelmed and can’t catch up/keep up, I’m glad for it as they’re really feeling like a lifeline for me lately
- A massage on the schedule Sunday after last week’s appointment was cancelled
What’s on your thankful list this week?